Jefferson (1814)

The Brig Jefferson (1814)

Glenn Grieco

The War of 1812 brig Jefferson was built by a New York shipbuilder named Henry Eckford. It was completed and launched in 1814, and abandoned at Sackets Harbor, on the shores of Lake Ontario, after the war.

Relocated in 1984 and excavated by Kevin Crisman and Arthur Cohn. The archaeological work allowed a compete reconstruction of this ship.

The Ship Model Lab made a model of Jefferson.

Construction of the model;

Complete model.